Keeping You Safe During the Pandemic
I know many of you have been patiently waiting for us to reopen and we thank you so much for your understanding and loyalty as we navigate these uncharted waters.
We have spent the last few weeks huddling as a team and implementing every conceivable precautionary measure to provide you with a safe and comfortable experience once we reopen on July 17th. I have outlined some of these measures below so you’ll know what to expect:
- Personal Protective Equipment. Your therapist will be wearing a face mask at all times during your visit and we will ask the same of you. We’ll have disposable masks handy if you need one.
- Screening Procedures. Your therapist will take their body temperature at the start of every shift and carefully monitor their health. We will send you a screening and consent form to sign electronically within twenty-four hours of your visit, as well. Once you arrive, we’ll greet you at the door, ask you a few additional screening questions, and take your temperature with a no contact thermometer before proceeding with the session.
- Hygiene and Sanitation Protocols. You’ll be asked to come in sparkly clean to your appointment and you’ll wash your hands before entering the suite. We have increased the length of time between sessions to disinfect all surfaces with an EPA-registered disinfectant before and after each client. You are welcome to wipe down any surfaces before your session for added comfort. Hand sanitizer will be readily available. We will do a thorough deep cleaning of the office daily.
- Hospital-Grade Linens. Our linens continue to be washed by a third-party vendor using hospital-grade standards and come to us wrapped in plastic and kept away from soiled linens. We will be using disposable face cradle covers for massage sessions.
- HEPA Air Purifier. There is a HEPA air purifier in the large green room, which we will use as our primary treatment room at this time. We will open windows between clients for additional air flow.
- Plexiglass Shield. We have a plexiglass shield that secures to the massage table and acts as a barrier to protect you and the therapist when you are face up and receiving neck work. I know this may be hard to picture, so if you are curious, it’s this one.
- Contactless Payment. We will charge the card you reserve your appointment with at the conclusion of your session to avoid additional contact during checkout.
- One Practitioner-One Client. There will currently be only one AoH practitioner and one client in the space at a time to limit contact.
- Revised Cancellation Policy. We will be waiving the cancellation fee for last minute cancellations due to illness. We will still enforce the policy for no show appointments.
In addition to these precautionary measures, we wanted to let you know of a few other limitations to our care during the pandemic:
- Sixty-Minute Massage Sessions Only. While our therapists adjust to the use of PPE and additional screening and sanitization protocols, we will be limiting our services to sixty minutes only. If you have previously purchased a gift certificate or package for a different amount of time, please contact me so we can figure out the best way to redeem it. You can also hold onto it until we decide it is the right time to expand our offerings.
- Operating at Half Capacity. Our team’s thoughts and feelings surrounding returning to the office are likely representative of the community at large. Some of us are ready, while others have high risk loved ones at home or are simply not comfortable yet. At this time, Nicole, Peter, and Lara will be available to you beginning as early as July 13th. Barbara will follow shortly and Lauren plans to hold off a while longer. Chrissy will be seeing virtual nutrition clients only for the time being. We’ll continue to inform you as team members open up their availability. If you would like a recommendation of who to see in your regular practitioner’s absence, please reach out.
- Scalp, Face and Intra-oral Massage. At this time, we are not offering bodywork to these regions due to the PPE regulation. We hope to be able to offer this safely again soon.
- Additional Visitors. We ask that you come alone to your appointment as our waiting area will be closed to reduce the risk of transmission.
Are you still with me!? 🙂
You can book your appointment when you are ready.
We can’t wait to welcome you back. These are tough times, but we will get through them together. Any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Chrissy and the AoH Team