What is Functional Nutrition?
Functional nutrition takes into account a person’s lifestyle, environment, cognitive influences, experiences, genetic predisposition, health history, symptoms and cutting edge diagnostic testing to determine an individualized approach to optimal health. We, as practitioners, empower you with knowledge and evidence-based tools including dietary and behavior changes to support your challenges. This is not a one-size-fits-all approach and requires a mutual commitment. We are passionate about using food as medicine and are here to guide you each step of the way!
An Integrative Approach
We use an integrative approach to support the following areas of health with evidence-based diet and lifestyle interventions.
Chronic Pain Management including:
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid, Osteoarthritis, Psoriatic)
- Unexplained joint pain, widespread or specific
- Muscle tension and pain, widespread or specific
Digestive Issues including:
- Acid reflux, heartburn or GERD
- Bloating and excess flatulence
- Dysbiosis (Candidiasis, SIBO, etc.)
- Celiac Disease
- Food sensitivities and intolerances
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Gallbladder dysfunction or fat malabsorption
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Metabolic and Energy Issues including:
- Blood sugar dysregulation
- Diabetes or pre-Diabetes
- Metabolic syndrome
- Fatty liver disease
- Fatigue or lack of energy
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Nutrition Services We Offer
We offer a range of comprehensive group and individualized nutrition services that focus on the whole person.
The Freedom From Pain Protocol (FFPP)
The FFPP is a 12-week comprehensive online group coaching program created by Chrissy Hayden, MS, CNS, LMT for those living with chronic muscle and joint pain symptoms.
You will gain access to:
- A members only portal with video lessons, audio bytes, and handouts to become a better expert in YOU
- Action tasks to guide you through the proven method Chrissy has perfected over the last decade
- Over 140 nutritionist-approved recipes and six weekly meal plans
- Weekly live group coaching for on-going feedback and support from Chrissy and those walking a similar path
- A private members only community
With a step-by-step guide and accountability, you will rebuild your health from the ground up to turn the dial down on your symptoms!
The FFPP is not for everyone. To apply for the program and see if you are a good fit, book a free 45-minute strategy call with Chrissy.
Free Resources to Get You Started
Download our guide The Top Foods to Fight Flare Ups to get started.
Join our community A Holistic Approach to Managing Chronic Pain for daily inspiration and support.
Attend our upcoming live web class, The 3 Ways to Reduce Pain Naturally For the Long-Term Masterclass (spots are limited!).
One-on-One Initial Consultation
If you’re seeking knowledge and guidance to reach your health goals, you’ve come to the right place! This comprehensive, customizable appointment is one hour and fifteen minutes in length and is designed to touch on various aspects of wellness, including:
- Dietary intake
- Meal planning and prepping
- Physiological function
- Digestive wellness
- Laboratory evaluation (we order through Genova Diagnostics for functional testing)
- Body composition analysis
- Lifestyle behaviors
We will work together to address any imbalances and move you toward your most optimal state of well-being. Initial consults are currently being conducted virtually via Zoom. Book Now
One-on-One Follow-Up Visit
Since nutrition care is often a multi-phase process, we offer follow-up visits to assess your progress and provide recommendations to keep you moving toward your goals. These appointments are forty-five minutes in length and are currently being conducted virtually via Zoom. Book Now
Stay committed with an in-depth initial consultation and two follow-up consultations. This package is ideal if you are looking to achieve a specific goal or overcome a minor health challenge and want to check in periodically to tweak the plan of action we will set for you. Purchase Now
If you are in search of on-going support, this package is for you: one initial consultation and four follow-up appointments. We recommend this series if you are looking to lose weight or have a health condition that might be best addressed in stages. Purchase Now
Chrissy can help determine which package would be best for you!
Insurance & Payment Info
If your health insurance provider covers Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT), we can provide you with a detailed receipt for you to submit for reimbursement. Please note we are an out-of-network provider.
The Art of Health, LLC accepts all major credit cards.